One of Atotech's main challenges as a manufacturer is the sustainable development of processes and systems supply, ensuring safe manufacturing and operations while reducing its environmental footprint. Atotech assumes significant responsibility in setting benchmarks in the development of environmentally friendlier processes, production systems and auxiliary equipment. Therefore, ecological acceptance, maximum safety, high performance, quality and profitability are equal in importance for Atotech's product development.
Atotech is dealing with its commitments and responsibilities for sustainable development more actively than ever before.
Please chose your area of interest and explore more about Atotech's production soulutions and its benefits for environmental protection as well as the cost and technology advantages that come from using Atotech systems Technology and its unique auxiliary equipment.
Read more on our pages about:
- Green Electronics Manufacturing Technologies
- Green Chemical Products
- Green Production Technology for General Metal Finishing
Uniplate Copper Plating System getting awarded the Total Ecosolutions label
- The Total Ecosolutions advantage: For the production of High Density Interconnection PCBs, Atotech's Uniplate LB systems require only 50% of the electroless copper thickness in the PTH (Plating Through Hole) process compared to standard vertical lines. This results in a significantly reduced amount of raw materials consumption.
- Environmental performance: The significant environmental improvement is based on the reduction of the consumption of copper, sodium hydroxide and formaldehyde in the PTH process for the production of PCB.
Atotech supplies Uniplate equipment and specially adapted chemistry for electroless copper deposition (Uniplate LB) and electrolytic copper plating (Uniplate Inpulse). Atotech's systems are developed to deliver reliable results with reduced raw materials consumption.
Atotech has advanced the plating technology to a new level by pioneering and developing innovative horizontal copper plating, the Uniplate system. read more
Total Ecosolutions Award for EDEN® - Electrodialysis System for Electroless Nickel
- The Total Ecosolutions advantage: EDEN® allows continuous online purification of the electroless nickel bath, providing a potentially unlimited bath life by removing the by-products. Customers can benefit from a reduction of process chemistry and waste, combined with constant high plating quality.
- Environmental performance: The significant environmental improvement of the EDEN® system is based on the reduced chemistry consumption of the electroless nickel process: More than 70% of nickel and more than 75% of sodium hypophosphite are saved by using EDEN®.
EDEN® is a regeneration unit (based on electrodialysis) for electroless nickel plating baths. Electroless nickel is used for functional applications, specifically for coatings of superior wear and corrosion resistance (e.g. automotive). Electroless nickel suffers from limited bath life due to the accumulation of by-products formed during the autocatalytic reaction. Atotech´s patented EDEN® process solves the problem of decreasing quality by a fully automated electrodialysis system. read more
Total Ecosolutions Award for Tricotect® Regeneration System (Corrosion Resistant Coatings)
- The Total Ecosolutions advantage: The continuous purification of trivalent chromium passivates allows for a potentially unlimited solution lifetime, resulting in lower raw material consumption and less wastewater. Tricotect® operates online and does not require any interruption of the production process.
- Environmental performance: The significant environmental improvement is based on the reduced consumption of metals during the passivation process. Depending on the application, Tricotect can save up to 99% of the metals.
Tricotect® is a regeneration unit (ion exchange) for plating of Corrosion Resistant Coatings in the Decorative and Functional Surface Finishing Industry. Atotech supplies Tricotect® to regenerate Atotech´s Cr(VI)-free passivate solutions, which are mainly used for the post-treatment of corrosion resistant zinc and zinc alloy coatings in diverse industrial applications (e.g. automotive or aerospace). Combining innovative chemical products with dedicated equipment, Atotech's integrated solutions meet the most demanding requirements for consistent high plating performance and efficient use of resources. read more