Atotech's Health, Safety, Environment, Quality and Security Policy
Atotech is committed to conducting a successful business by developing, manufacturing and distributing surface finishing solutions, in a responsible and sustainable manner. Atotech places people safety, safety in regard to operation, the protection of health and environment, customer satisfaction and listening to stakeholders at the center of its corporate objectives.
In support of this commitment, Atotech has established the following guiding principles:
- We manage our activities complying to all applicable legal regulations and monitor compliance in regular audits. We follow unified standards in line with best management practices worldwide.
- We promote among our employees a shared culture whose core components are skills management, incident feedback, information and dialogue. This process is driven by the leadership and exemplary conduct of management.
- We provide our customers with excellent quality products and superior service. We strive to fulfil their current and future expectations by continuous attention to their needs and developing leading technology.
- We select our contractors and suppliers on the basis of their ability to comply with our policy on health, safety, environment, quality and security. We recognize and develop the partnership with our suppliers to improve product quality, safety and characteristics.
- We design and operate our facilities to avoid, reduce and control impacts on the environment and human health to the maximum extent practicable. Therefore we regularly evaluate our HSE performance. We take precautions to protect assets and information.
- We strive systematically for continual improvement in all areas by setting concrete targets, providing resources and follow up on agreed actions. We review our management systems for health, safety, environment and quality regularly to achieve best performance measuring with standardized Key Performance Indicators. We require Third Party Certification according to the standards ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISRS at all production sites and TechCenters and promote the accreditation of our TechCenter laboratories.
- Based on systematic risk assessment and prevention programs we implement and regularly evaluate safety and security measures, emergency facilities and procedures designed to deal with accidental situations or threats and minimize their consequences.
- Each employee, at all levels, must be conscious of his or her personal responsibility, giving due consideration to the prevention of risks of accident, harm to health, environmental damage or adverse impacts on product and service quality. Vigilance and professionalism in these fields are important criteria in evaluating the performance of each member of personnel, in particular for those in positions of responsibility. Through empowerment, allocation of resources, appropriate training and appraisal by results we enable employees to contribute to our objectives effectively.
- In a spirit of openness, we adopt a constructive dialogue approach with all stakeholders. We pledge responsible relations with communities in which we take an active part in.
- We address product stewardship throughout the lifecycle and support our customers to optimize environmental compatibility and safety, by providing innovative products, processes, systems and assistance with their proper use.
President of Atotech