Atotech's Response to the Challenges of Sustainable Development
In addition to complying with applicable laws and regulations and respecting the local culture in its countries of operation, Atotech has clearly expressed its ethical commitment by following Total's Code of Conduct, which applies to every sector of its activity.
In keeping with its commitment, and aware of its responsibility toward society and the environment, Atotech seeks to work hand in hand with civil society in the shared quest for sustainable development. Atotech pursues its role in meeting this challenge through three action plans.
1. Controlling and reducing the impact of its activities on people and the environment
In accordance with its Management Policy, Atotech has made operational safety, human health and environmental protection its highest priorities, and thus enforces:
- A systematic and preliminary risk assessment of all major new development projects and products, covering their complete life cycle
- The implementation of recognized, certified management systems
- The definition of progress targets and the implementation of appropriate action plans
- Audited environmental reporting
- The reduction of its own, as well as its customers' greenhouse gas emissions, in order to combat climate change
To better integrate its operations into the local context, Atotech also encourages stakeholder outreach and dialogue with the people living near its facilities.
2. Contributing to the economic and social development of stakeholders
Creating value on behalf of the relevant stakeholders in its operations is one of Atotech's major aims, as reflected in:
- The creation of direct and indirect jobs in host countries
- Financial contribution to host community development, made in a transparent manner through taxes, royalties and fees in accordance with local legislation
- Atotech's voluntary support for socio-economic programs
3. Anticipating tomorrow's needs
Atotech's mission is not confined to meeting the world's current demand for technologies and chemicals; it also aims to anticipate and meet the needs of future generations by developing:
- New products offering improved life cycles performance and designed especially to improve energy efficiency
- New processes to reduce its own consumption of water and energy, curb pollutant emissions and limit the quantity of final waste it generates
President of Atotech