Flex / Flex Rigid Board Technology
Today, flexible printed circuits are found in nearly every advanced electronically equipment such as vehicles, aircrafts, computer and lap top's, mobile phone handsets, smart phones and PDAs, industrial and medical control tools, satellites and safety systems.
The demand for polyimide flexible and flex-rigid printed circuits will increase from $8.5 billion in 2007 to 12 billion by 2013.
The major growth areas for flexible printed circuits over the next five years will continue to be in mobile phones, flat panel display connections / connectors, data storage and digital cameras. Also new applications in medical, instrumentation, military and aerospace will offer lower volume and high value opportunities to flex manufacturers.
The use of flex connections/connectors is increasing in mobile phones due to increased functionality in the handset as well as the changes occurring in the mechanical design. Miniaturization and increased functionality will continue to drive the demand for smaller, finer features. The demand for hard disk drives and optical media drives is also increasing as both are used in increasing numbers in consumer portable and audio-visual applications as well as in the computer sector.
The main markets for flex-rigid constructions in Europe and North America are in military and aerospace, while in Asia requirements for digital cameras, mobile phones and other portable applications will continue to drive the demand in this region.
Implementation of innovative technologies and new product solutions is the main goal of Atotech and all our employees around the world.
Using our expertise to support your production of flexible printed circuit boards for every industry, please feel invited to contact us anytime to discuss our new processes and manufacturing technologies for your special needs.
Read more on our pages about:
- Leading Desmear Solution
- Horizontal Electroless Copper for Flex Laminates
- Vertical Electroless Copper for Flex Laminates
- Direct Plating for Flex Laminates
- Vertical DC Plating for Flex Laminates
- Horizontal Pulse Plating for Flex Laminates
- Oxide Replacement Systems for Laser Direct Drilling
- Solder Mask Adhesion Enhancer Flex Laminates
- Photo Resist Stripping for Flex Laminates
- Immersion Tin as Final Finishes for Flex Laminates
- ENIG as Final Finishes for Flex Laminates
- Peelable Solder Mask for Flex Laminates
- SIT Resists for Flex Laminates
- Flexible Solder Mask
- Reinforced / Resin Coated Copper Foil for Advanced Packages