HDI Micro Via Technology
Since printed circuit boards have become common place, the complexity and density of interconnections offered has increased markedly. The usage of micro via boards continues to increase every year as it enhances circuit board interconnection density, miniaturization and electrical performance.
This trend is driven by demands for steady increased functionality of micro via board applications in mainly mobile phones, flip-chip IC substrates and other applications. For instance, tracks that were 1mm wide successively became 0.25mm or less and 150µm or less are nowadays achievable in volume. Conventional printed circuit technology is still capable of meeting many of today's requirements, however just as many printed circuit technologies are now demanding higher requirements. These trends result in higher reliability, finer traces, smaller via holes and finally higher circuit densities.
Consequently, an increasing demand for further miniaturization and interconnection density is causing a higher demand for ultra HDI-boards. With an ever increasing market for products such as mobile phones, digital cameras and PDAs, every new application brings with it new challenges for producing smaller and lighter packages The micro via production is increasing every year, caused by strong demand from mobile phone, PCs and IC industries. The growth in 2008 is expected to be 5% and will lead the global micro via application development to approx. $10 billion this year.
As technology leader in the high end market segment, Atotech can offer several innovations for segments of HDI and chip carriers.
Implementation of innovative technologies and new product solutions is the main goal of Atotech and all our employees around the world.
Using our expertise to support the production of highly complex HDI printed circuit boards for the telecommunications industry, please feel invited to contact us anytime to discuss our new processes and manufacturing technologies for your special needs.
Read more on our pages about:
- Leading Desmear Solution
- Horizontal Electroless Copper for HDI Applications
- Vertical Electroless Copper for HDI Applications
- Direct Plating for HDI Applications
- Conformal Through Hole Plating with Blind Micro Via Filling
- Horizontal Pulse Plating for Through Hole Filling
- Horizontal Pulse Plating for Blind Micro Via Filling
- Solder Mask Adhesion Enhancer for Highest Performance
- Oxide Replacement for Laser Direct Drilling
- Medium P ENIG as Final Finish for High Volume
- High P ENIG as Final Finish for SIT
- Dummy Plating free ENIG as Final Finish for HDI Applications
- SIT Lacquers for Intermediate Protection during ENIG
- Peelable Solder Mask
- Plugging Ink / Paste for PTH or Via Plugging
- Legend Ink / Marking Ink / Notation Ink
- Reinforced / Resin Coated Copper Foil for Advanced Packages