Heatsink Paste - For PCBs' Thermal Management
The Heatsink Pastes HSP 2741 and HSP 2740 (new) help solving PCB medium level thermal management problems such as heat transfer and dissipation. They allow flexibility in design and due to a reduced number of thermal interfaces (compared to copper heatsinks) are equally efficient. In addition, the small number of process steps in PCB production help to reduce cost, the excellent thermal stability at continued high temperature load contributes to an outstanding long term reliability.
Heatsink Paste Description
HSP 2741 and HSP 2740 distribute and transfer the heat of a heat source (e.g. a chip) to reduce its temperature to a lower level and improve this way the long-term reliability of the device to which it is applied. Both products are applied by screen-printing. Depending on the thickness required 2 or more prints may be necessary.
The picture below shows the difference between copper heatsink application and heatsink paste. A comparison of a heating-cooling cycle demonstrates the relative performance (left side).
Heatsink Paste Features and Benefits
- Solves medium heat dissipation or cooling problems
- Very low thermal transfer resistance
- Potentially useful to reduce cost of laminates used
- High flexibility to take up thermal stress
- No solder mask required on top of the heatsink (cost, efficiency)
- Solder ball repellent (no solder residues)
- 100 % solids (no VOC)
- Excellent electrical characteristics sufficient insulation properties
- Excellent long term stability of required properties
- Much lower process cost compared to standard Cu heatsinks!
Heatsink paste for thermal management, manufactured by Lackwerke Peters, distributed and serviced in Asia by Atotech.