Horizontal Systems: InPulse 2 – The Standard for Conveyorised Plating
InPulse 2 features a reliable transport for horizontal rigid and flex PCB plating and also for ultra thin materials down to 25µm with 9µm copper foil and even for reel to reel plating. The new pulse rectification system allows individual setting and control of each individual anode segment which ensures best possible plated surface distribution at highest operating current densities.
Segmented anodes and large area contact clamps guarantee best surface distribution for plating on thin copper foil. The new fluid delivery design based on hydro-dynamic studies ensures superior copper deposition in blind micro vias and also through vias.
Equipment Developed for High Technology Mass Production
The advantages of horizontal systems have made this technology almost the exclusive choice for HDI installations over the past few years. Currently more than 500 copper plating modules have been delivered to customers worldwide. The reason why this system has been so well accepted becomes obvious when considering the challenges in manufacturing complex circuits. Compared to vertical systems, horizontal technology offers a number of advantages, especially for the ever changing requirements for finer lines and smaller holes
These Benefits Also Make Horizontal Systems More Profitable:
- More compact and lightweight: significant savings in terms of space planning and building construction
- Racks are unnecessary: eliminates costs of stripping and maintenance
- Use of insoluble anodes eliminates unproductive downtime for anode maintenance
- Increased flexibility for expanding and modifying systems
- More economical automatic loading and unloading
- High-level automation significantly reduces operation errors
- Lower demand for air, water and waste treatment result in major energy savings and reduced environmental impact.
- Improved MTBF and MTTR
- A reliable system ideally suited for the full spectrum of production requirements
- Ultra thin material capability with thin copper foil down to 1 µm
- Wet to wet production capability with Uniplate metallisation and copper plating ensures HDI productivity
- Current density up to 12A/dm² depending on substrates
Read more on our pages about: