Horizontal Systems - Meeting Tomorrows Needs Today
The advantages of horizontal systems have made this technology the almost exclusive choice for high-tech installations over the past few years. Currently there are more than 700 Atotech lines with more than 600 copper plating modules installed at customers worldwide. The reason why becomes obvious when one considers the advantages and disadvantages of manufacturing complex circuits. Compared to vertical systems, horizontal technology offers a number of advantages, especially in light of the requirement of finer lines, smaller holes, thinner base material and higher degree of automation.
These benefits also make horizontal systems more profitable:
- More compact and lightweight: significant savings in terms of space planning and building construction
- Racks are unnecessary: Eliminates costs of stripping and maintenance
- Lower number of anodes and anode baskets: insoluble anodes will virtually eliminate unproductive downtime for anode maintenance
- Increased flexibility for expanding and modifying systems
- More economical methods to automatic loading and unloading operations
- High-level automation significantly reduces operation errors
- Lower volumes for air, water and waste treatment result in major energy savings
- Improved MTBF and MTTR times
- A reliable system ideally suited for thin boards
- An universal transport system (UTS) is available for the transport of either thick or thin boards
- A Touchless Transport System (TTS) can be offered for semi additive process
When needed, Atotech's global team of qualified mechanical/electrical and chemical technicians are only a phone call away.
Read more on our pages about: