Plating on Plastics
2012, July – With Adhemax® NiLow, Atotech adds an environmentally friendlier electroless nickel process to the conventional Adhemax® range. Adhemax® NiLow is lead, cadmium, ammonia and boric acid-free, operating at a low temperature (<35°C) and by this means offering additional economical advantages. The process runs with excellent stability, meeting the same performance as Adhemax® Ni LFS.
TriChrome® Graphite – The darkest Trivalent Chrome Plating Solution available
2012, July – With TriChrome® Graphite, Atotech introduces the latest generation of Cr(III)-based finishes, providing a unique warm dark appearance. TriChrome® Graphite layers can be combined with bright or satin finishes. They are remarkably even and allow for a whole new palette of novel modern, contemporary designs in the range of increasingly popular dark finishes.
- Excellent corrosion performance (CASS, CaCl2)
- Does not discard dangerous mists or contaminations
- Environmentally responsible alternative to hexavalent chromium plating
- Suitable for applications in the automotive, electronic goods, sanitary and furniture industry
MPS 800 – State-of-the-Art Microporous Nickel Process
2012, June – With MPS 800, Atotech introduces the successor of the well known and established MPS 300 for automotive application. MPS 800 is a single, liquid additive, providing a very stable and uniform pore count distribution overall the plated substrate. Due to this uniform pore distribution, corrosion spreads evenly across the surface, whereas the adjustable S.T.E.P. values (20 mV - 50 mV) allow it to be directed deeper into the multilayer system.
- Especially recommended for plating shaped parts and difficult geometries
- Brilliant, haze-free deposits with high and even pore count (25,000 - 50,000 pores/cm²)
- Superior corrosion resistance performance in CASS tests (up to 80h)
- Can be equally used for POP and metal based applications
- Low tendency for agglomeration – increased lifetime of electrolytes
Dermaloy LF – Non-Allergenic Alternative to Nickel or Palladium Plating
2012, May – With Dermaloy LF, Atotech introduces a lead-free cyanide white bronze system for decorative and functional applications. Dermaloy LF is an ideal alternative for applications where nickel is not desirable. This applies for example to parts with direct skin contact.
- Superior wear resistance due to high hardness
- Remarkably low porosity of the coating leads
to increased corrosion resistance
- Equally suitable for rack and barrel applications
- Deposited layer is a Tin/Zinc/Copper alloy,
showing a well balanced silvery white and bright finish
Decofin® – Electrophoretic Coatings
2012, March – Decofin® LMB 3000 and Decofin® HCR 6000 are Atotech's latest electrophoretic developments, aimed at the low/medium build market segment. Both processes give coatings an excellent gloss and clarity in the range of 4 -12 microns and provide a high level of corrosion protection.
Electrophoretic coatings are widely used in the furniture, fashion and sanitary industry. Atotech’s Decofin® processes have been developed to meet the most demanding needs for decorative and functional electrophoretic coatings.
- Suited for perfect integration in electroplating lines
- High transfer efficiency and productivity
- Remarkably uniform coatings even on complex-shaped parts
- Low VOC / HAPS
- Reduced rejects
TriChrome® Shadow – A Whole New Palette to Contemporary Design
2011, November – TriChrome® Shadow is the darkest trivalent chrome currently available on the market, producing very attractive and deep dark-bluish finishes. Especially if combined with Atotech’s Satilume® satin nickel processes, TriChrome® Shadow offers a whole new palette to contemporary design for automotive applications and consumer electronics.
- Cr(VI)-free electrolytes – simple handling and improved worker safety
- Higher efficiency and productivity due to higher deposition rates
- Improved LCD performance – higher throwing and covering power
- Reduced “white wash” effect – improved compatibility with nickel layers
- Very tolerant to current interruptions, less rejects due to “burning”
Ni Recovery Unit NIY – Nickel Recovery System for Rinse Water
2011, November – Environmental obligations are getting tougher; the demand for a more sustainable use of resources is much stronger. Atotech intends to meet all of its customers’ requirements for environmentally friendlier technologies, offering at the same time considerable cost-saving advantages. With its newest auxiliary equipment Ni Recovery Unit NIY, Atotech has made a further step in this direction. In fact, the system allows customers to save a significant amount of Ni raw material costs.
Ni Recovery Unit NIY is an innovative auxiliary system for the recovery of nickel from the rinse water of semi-bright, bright, satin and microporous nickel processes. Designed to achieve a more efficient use of raw materials, Ni Recovery Unit NIY considerably improves nickel plating profitability.
- Ni ions recovery from rinse water
- Final nickel sulfate solution reusable for semi-bright, bright,
satin and microporous nickel processes
- Recovered solution with Ni concentration of approx. 35 g/l
- Improved nickel plating profitability