Peelable Solder Mask
A variety of printed circuit boards require protection of selected board areas during the Surface Finish or Assembly Process. A wide range of PEELABLE SOLDER MASKS, the SD 295X Series including the popular SD 2954 and SD 2955 provide such protection in (lead-free) soldering processes like wave soldering, reflow soldering or hot-air solder leveling (HASL).
For galvanic or immersion metal deposition processes special products are available as well. The inherent flexibility of the coatings makes them equally useful for Flexible PCB's or during Rigid-Flex PCB's processing.
Peelable Solder Masks
(also known as strippable mask or blue-mask) are applied by screen-printing, act as in-process protection and are removed either after processing at the PCB manufacturer or at the assembler.
In addition to the classical Peelable Soldermasks we also offer PS 13.105, which is a Protection Skin used in Touch Screen manufacturing. This material is offering mechanical as well as chemical protection of the glass surface or the ITO layer during machining of the Touch screen glass. The Protection skin can be removed prior to assembly or after delivery.
General features and advantages of the peelable solder mask range are:
- Time an cost saving process compared to taping
- Protection of complex structures and shapes by efficient screen-printing
- Protection of selected areas on the PCB during various finishing or assembly processes
- Protection (tenting) of PTH
- Overprinting of carbon inks
- Resistance in plating processes (e.g. electroless/electrolytic Copper or Tin plating)
- Protection during Flex or Flex-Rigid processing
- Highest temperature acceptance and good peel-ability
Overview of the products suitable for special applications (for details please contact our local or global sales staff)
Peelable solder mask (or strippable solder mask) manufactured by Lackwerke Peters, distributed and serviced in Asia by Atotech.