Team Leader (m/f) Electrochemistry Atotech Development Center
Atotech is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of specialty chemicals and equipment for the printed circuit board, IC-substrate and semiconductor industries, as well as for the decorative and functional surface finishing industries. The company employs more than 4,000 people in over 40 countries.
The areas of activities of the team Electrochemistry at Atotech Development Center (ADC) in Manesar (India) comprise the characterization and evaluation of new additives for galvanic and electroless processes in joint projects together with the organic chemistry and molecular testing group, the screening of alternative raw materials against benchmark molecules for the replacement of single source materials and the corrosion investigation and anode characterization.
The team Electrochemistry is working under the direction of the team General Metal Finishing Research & Development (GMF R&D) at the headquarters in Berlin.
You will execute your tasks as a team leader in the Electrochemistry department in Manesar in close cooperation both with the ADC and the headquarters in Berlin.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Instruct and supervise the team, provide scientific and technical guidance, evaluate experimental results and reproducibility, as well as provide guidance in doing experiments
- Act as Laboratory Manager Electrochemistry
- Ensure detailed documentation and reports, as well as take responsibility for quality, confidentiality and significance
- Coordinate the cooperation with the organic chemistry team and the molecular testing team including the initiation of project meetings and the evaluation of data in a cross-functional frame
- Responsible for exchanging all relevant information (Organic Chemistry, Molecular Testing, Analytics, Material Science) for the interpretation of the experimental outcome, as well as for the method transfer between the headquarters and ADC including software implementation
- Ensure the maintenance of equipment, calibration procedures, as well as guarantee compliance matters of the Group, especially in Health, Safety and Environment
- Procure required chemistry, equipment and small items; act as contact to external companies
- Responsible for the integration, development and the professional training of the team
Qualification and experiences:
- Master Degree in Chemistry, Physical Chemistry or Chemical Engineering with excellence
- PhD in the area of Electrochemistry / Metal Plating, Additive Research, Electro Analytical Techniques
- Expert knowledge in the area of Electrochemistry / Electroplating
- Routine in manipulation of Microsoft Office software and Origin Data Analysis
- Flexibility required for usage of various techniques according to project goals
- Basic knowledge in statistical assessment of data
- Experience in Metrohm Autolab equipment of advantage
- Excellent communication, presentation and language skills in English
- 6-10 years of experience in Project Management
- Management and Leadership abilities
- Analytical thinking and structured way of working
- Outstanding organizing talent, willingness for permanent professional development
- Confidentiality and reliability
Are you interested in working for a leading technology company?
We are looking forward to receive your application including cover letter, CV with recent photo, stating your qualification, experience and expected compensation details.
Please contact us at the following e-mail address: email@example.com