Committed to keeping you at the leading edge
of technological advancement
Boost immersion tin process productivity
in thinnest tin deposition on PCBs
More than 70 installations
Most used immersion tin process worldwide
and process reliability in the market
The Stannatech® state-of-the-art tin deposition technology sets the world standard in thinnest tin deposition on printed circuit boards, making it one of the few surface finishing systems verified by all major automobile manufacturers.
With Atotech’s unique Crystallizer™ and ConStannic™ control, the system is perfect for immersion tin for multiple Pb-free soldering and press-fit technology. Stannatech® achieves the highest mileages and process reliability in the market.
- Combines excellent reliability with lead-free and halogen-free soldering techniques
- Anti whisker additive deposits pure planar tin, limiting the danger of voids and organic inclusions to nearly zero
- Operates at low temperatures, thus reducing the thermal stress on the board
- The consequent lower warpage is a major advantage compared to the HASL process
- Excellent bath stability, chemistry lifetime of up to twelve month leads to substantially lower process costs
- Unique multiple soldering performance provide higher yield
- IC substrate
It is composed of two individual elements. The ConStannic™ reduces electrolytically Sn4+ to the beneficial Sn2+. Simultaneously the Crystallizer™ generates copper. Both parts combined eliminate the severe sludge formation that occurs normally in the process and replaces extensive feed and bleed dosing or frequent new make-ups.
ConStannic™ and Crystallizer™ allow a potentially unlimited solution life-time. This results in in a massive reduction of raw materials and wastewater.
Reduced process costs
Less chemistry consumption
Why we developed Horizon® Stannatech
Today’s OEMs have several strict requirements – reliability, environment, cost saving and technological capabilities – at the same time. Especially in the automotive industry such demands have a far reaching effect on the choice of the final finish. Here immersion tin offers benefits compared to other finishes.
Atotech offers the world’s leading immersion tin system consisting of the Stannatech® H process and the Horizon® Stannatech equipment. It is valued by many customers and OEMs worldwide as it combines excellent reliability, sustainability, anti whisker properties, low stress process, low process cost and higher yields.