Providing electrolytes for the highest requirements
in reliability and productivity
Pattern via filling in VCP using insoluble anodes
(a)mSAP pattern via filling
Rectangular pattern track profile and excellent within-unit distribution
Process is in mass production for leading substrate and (a)mSAP OEMs
Unique high current density
Process gives reliable results for outstanding high current density (a)mSAP production
InPro® THF is a vertical via filling process using insoluble anodes for best plating uniformity in vertical equipment. It has been developed for use in DC mode with sparger agitation and external copper replenishment.
The process enables optimal TH and BMV filling in panel and pattern mode. It is the mass production proven standard for (a)mSAP production at high current densities (up to 3 A/dm²) and for LTH filling as well. All standard reliability tests are passed even at highest current densities and by that InPro® THF can be used to increase the productivity of your existing VCPs.
- Pattern Through Hole filling process for IC substrates
- Applicable for pattern (a)m SAP BMV filling at high current densities
- Fine line plating with excellent within-unit distribution
- For use with VCP using sparger electrolyte agitation
- Insoluble anodes with external Cu replenishment
- Panel and pattern via filling with excellent distribution
- High applicable current densities to increase productivity
- Low dimple BMV filling at low surface copper, no “dome” effect
- Stable filling performance at extended bath life
- Wide working window for highest process flexibility for conformal, BMV and TH filling
- OEM approved for LTH filling and (a)mSAP BMV filling
- All additives may be controlled using CVS
Why we developed InPro® THF
BMV and TH filling in pattern plating mode with minimum dimple is a standard requirement for IC Substrates and (a)mSAP production. Increasing demands for uniformity need a good within-unit distribution as well. To meet your process and productivity targets the required filling processes must provide a minimum of surface plated copper and excellent within-unit distribution at highest possible current densities.
InPro® THF is Atotech’s answer to increasing productivity demands. It provides reliable BMV filling in VCPs up to 3 A/dm² for (a)mSAP production. The process has been developed in order to fulfill the current and future IC Substrate market requirements for fine line pattern plating, granting minimum surface plated copper via filling whilst giving optimum within-unit distribution. It will boost your productivity while keeping the required reliability characteristics.