Atotech’s enhanced graphite-based direct metallization process
The ViaKing® deposit offers excellent adhesion and ensures reliable coverage on a wide variety of dielectric base materials and high layer count build ups.
Easy to install into existing lines using other carbon or graphite based processes.
Stable and robust colloid bath
The new unique ViaKing® colloid has been specifically formulated to be resistant to bacterial build up and contamination.
Simple, single pass, graphite based direct metallization process.
Dielectric adhesion and coverage
Ideally suited for flex, flex rigid and mixed dielectric PCBs, Viaking offers Cu-Cu connections for excellent reliability performance.
Optimised for ease of operation and long bath life
The unique colloid bath has been specifically formulated with a wide process window and minimises graphite agglomeration which can reduce bath life. Highly resistant to biological and copper contamination the ViaKing® process is suitable for both high volume and stop-start production runs, and is free of any variation in Palladium price.
- Simple, single pass horizontal process
- Low etch depth minimizes inner layer and surface Copper removal
- Very stable graphite bath with a long solution lifetime and wide operation window
- Excellent plating propagation in both panel and pattern plate applications
- Ideally suited for flex and flex rigid PCB production
- Compatible with a very wide range of dielectric materials
- Ideal for flex, flex-rigid and single or mixed dielectric multilayer PCBs
- Direct Cu to Cu adhesion for maximum reliability
- Low etch depth for minimal copper removal on inner layers – reduced risk of etch back ICD or voids
- Unique Conductivator formulation is highly resistant to bacterial and Copper contamination
- Wide operating window and enhanced bath stability
- Outstanding plating propagation
- Suitable for both panel and pattern plate technologies
- Short horizontal process
- Easy to install into existing equipment
- Low water consumption
- Ideal for both high volume as well as low volume or stop / start production
- Chelator, Cyanide and Formaldehyde free process
What inspires us
Why we developed ViaKing®
To process the widest range of flex and exotic dielectric materials with minimal Total Cost of Ownership for the metallization process. Achieve and maintain your target reliability goals while operating a stable and repeatable process.
ViaKing® is Atotechs enhanced graphite-based direct metallization process. Optimized for both high and low volume production needs, ViaKing® operates with an attractive CoO but offers the highest product reliability and capability. Designed to operate with low etch conditions, in combination with a stable and long life graphite bath, ViaKing® provides excellent stability, conductivity and electrical integrity for market-leading high yield electrolytic plating.