Providing electrolytes for the highest requirements
in reliability and productivity
Conformal copper plating using soluble anodes and high current densities
Conformal plating for BMVs and TH
High flexibility conformal plating for both BMVs and through vias granting high throwing power
For many applications
Applicable for flex, flex-rigid, MLB, HDI applications
Optimised for mass production
High current densities up to 4 A/dm² applicable for high throughput
The process is for conformal copper plating with soluble anodes. The applicable current density ranges from 1 A/dm² up to 4 A/dm² reaching excellent throwing power especially in BMVs. Cupracid® AC is compatible with a wide range of vertical conveyorised systems with sparger electrolyte agitation as well as hoist type equipment with air agitation. The process can be used for both panel and pattern plating applications.
For best process control it is based on a three additive system using leveller, brightener and carrier while all its additives are controllable by CVS method.
- Low cost conformal plating for high volume flex, flex-rigid, MLB, HDI applications
- Process using soluble anodes
- Ideally suited for vertical conveyorized application using sparger
- Also applicable for conventional hoist type equipment using air agitation
- Excellent throwing power in through holes and especially in BMVs
- Applicable for high current densities from 1 A/dm² to 4 A/dm²
- Cost saving process due to less plated copper by excellent throwing power
- Meets standards of reliability tests like solder shock and TCT
- Analysable by CVS method for best process control
What inspires us
Why we developed Cupracid® AC
Market demand for high throwing power put conformal electrolytic copper plating to a new challenge. PCB manufacturers require a reliable high volume process for conformal BMV and through hole plating at high current densities.
A process fulfilling these requirements is needed for the use of vertical conveyorised as well as hoist type equipment.
Cupracid® AC was developed to enable reliable conformal plating of through holes and blind micro vias (BMV). It gives an excellent throwing power in through holes and especially in BMVs under application of high current densities (1 up to 4 A/dm²). Cupracid® AC is mass production proven for vertical conveyorised plating systems (VCP) as well as for conventional hoist type equipment. The process passes standard reliability tests and is ideal suited for flex, flex-rigid, MLB, HDI applications.