High quality chemistry and equipment
for advanced semiconductor packaging
Everplate 2X Plus®
Advanced additive suite for extreme damascene gap fill performance
market leading damascene Cu plating tools
Reliable feature fill
at the most critical metal levels
- Promotes a void free fill through a true bottom up copper fill process
- Provides optimum marginal seed protection
- Excellent mounding and planarity control
- Provides high purity copper films (< 10 ppm C, O, S, Cl, N total)
- Provides highly reflective films , ultra-low in-film defect counts
- Compatible with both low acid and low copper base electrolytes
- Organic additive suite specially designed to provide high yield at the most demanding damascene applications
- Designed for optimum performance in low copper base electrolyte
- The Everplate 2X Plus® Plus process consists of a fine-tuned three-component additive suite
- Each additive is available in 1 and 4 kg packaging
Why we developed Everplate 2X Plus®
Shrinking interconnect dimensions in the first few Damascene metallization levels for the advanced chip technologies have brought difficult challenges to overcome for ECD Cu filling. The thinning of seed layers, and reduction of pre-plate feature opening sizes are calling for an increasingly capable additive set in order to extend Damascene copper technology beyond the 10 nm node technologies.
The Everplate 2X Plus® additive suite is developed in collaboration with Lam Research to provide optimum fill performance on the most advanced Damascene interconnect structures. Designed for exclusive use on state of the art ECD Cu platforms, this additive suite provides optimum performance in combination with industry-standard low acid, as well as low copper base electrolytes.
Joint Development Agreement
Atotech started a Joint Development Agreement (JDA) with Lam Research in January of 2015. Two areas of focus for interconnect metallization technologies at 1X nodes and beyond are currently executed under this JDA, namely the development of additive suites for electrolytic Cobalt, and the development of electroless deposition processes of pure metals.