Providing electrolytes for the highest requirements
in reliability and productivity
BMV filling for IC-Substrates in VCL using insoluble anodes
SAP pattern BMV filling
Rectangular pattern track profile and excellent within-unit distribution
For fine lines
Process suited for next generation production with low surface plated copper and minimum dimple
Optimised for mass production
High applicable current densities in vertical conveyorised lines
InPro® SAP2 is a vertical pattern BMV Filling Process using insoluble anodes for best plating uniformity in vertical equipment. It has been developed for IC Substrates for use in DC mode including sparger agitation and external copper replenishment. Relatively high current densities (< 3 A/dm²) may be used to ensure high productivity.
Following the trends of the IC Substrate market the process enables optimal BMV filling at minimum copper thickness. It allows the plating of fine lines for current (10 µm/ 10 µm) and future demands (5 µm/ 5 µm). In contrast to existing BMV filling processes it provides an excellent within-unit distribution e.g. for Flip-Chip pattern plating.
- Pattern BMV filling process for IC substrates
- Fine line plating with excellent within-unit distribution
- For use with VCL using sparger electrolyte agitation
- Insoluble anodes with external Cu replenishment
- Pattern BMV filling with excellent within-unit distribution
- Low dimple BMV Filling at low surface copper, no “dome” effect
- Rectangular track profile without ski slope
- Stable filling performance at extended bath life
- Wide working window for highest process flexibility
- Works in DC mode with insoluble anodes for best surface uniformity and high productivity
- All additives may be controlled using CVS
Why we developed InPro® SAP2
BMV filling in fine line pattern plating mode with minimum dimples is a standard requirements within the IC Substrates field. Increasing demands for uniformity need a good within-unit distribution as well.
To meet your process and operational targets the required filling processes must provide void free filling, a minimum of surface plated copper along with the excellent within-unit distribution.
InPro® SAP2 is a BMV filling process for vertical conveyorised systems using insoluble anodes with copper oxide replenishment and sparger agitation. The process has been developed in order to fulfill the current and future IC Substrate market requirements for fine line pattern plating, granting minimum surface plated copper BMV filling whilst giving optimum within-unit distribution. With its applicable high current densities, it is the ideal process for high volume production.