Plating fine lines, Cu pads
Berlin, 9 November, 2018: Atotech Group, a leading chemical and equipment supplier for PCB, semiconductor advanced packaging and dual damascene applications, will exhibit and present its latest products for power, automotive, and mobile semiconductor applications at this year’s SEMICON Europa. Atotech’s Semiconductor portfolio includes RDL and pillar plating solutions for next generation FOWLP and 5G applications as well as solutions for electroless pad metallization and double side plating for power semiconductors.
SEMICON Europa is the largest and most influential gathering for the semiconductor industry in Europe and attracts more thought leaders from overseas every year. This year the SEMICON show will be co-located with electronica, an equivalently important show for the printed circuit board and electronics assembly industry. Both events take place in Munich, Germany, from November 13 to 16, 2018. While Hall A4 will be dedicated to SEMICON Europa, Hall B5 will feature electronica.
Atotech’s product experts will be present at booth 569 in Hall A4 to discuss latest technology, trends, and future requirements. This year’s product features include:
- Spherolyte® Cu UF3 – High purity ECD copper process for fine line RDL plating and microvia filling capability
- Spherolyte® Cu VR – Electrochemical copper process for fine line plating and simultaneous filling of various via dimensions
- Xenolyte® Ni TR – A high-temperature resistant electroless nickel process for RDL and pad metallization
- Spherolyte®Cu MD2 and MultiPlate® – A new low stress ECD copper process for power semiconductors that is developed to run in Atotech’s next generation semiconductor plating tool: MultiPlate®
Atotech experts will also participate in the adjacent program with several presentations:
- On Tuesday, Nov. 13, at 4:40 pm, Ulrich Memmert, Senior Scientist Material Sciences, will talk about “Mechanical properties of copper for advanced packaging” at the Strategic Materials Conference in Room 14a
- On Wednesday, Nov. 14, at 12:55 pm, Ralf Schmidt, R&D Manager Semiconductor, will introduce the audience to the “Enhanced mechanical properties of copper for fan-out wafer level packaging applications” at the Advanced Packaging Conference in Room 13b
- On Thursday, Nov. 15, at 10:45 am, Markus Hoerburger, Global Product Manager Semiconductor & Functional Electronics Coatings, will talk about “Optimized Cu plating solution for next generation packaging” at the TechLounge on the show floor in Hall A4
- Also on Thursday, Nov. 15, at 4:35 pm, Andreas Walter, Team Manager Semiconductor Electroless Processes, will discuss “Electroless ternary nickel alloys for under bump metallization (UBM) on power semiconductors for high temperature process conditions or applications” at the TechArena 2, Hall A4
- As part of the adjacent electronica, Roger Massey, Technical Marketing Manager, will present “Recent developments in advanced HDI PCBs” at the “PCB & Components marketplace” in Hall A1 on Friday, Nov. 16, at 10:00 am.
Visitors to the show are invited to attend Atotech’s presentations and stop by at booth 569 in Hall A4 to discuss and elaborate on these and other topics and trends driving the industry.