Berlin, September 14, 2023 – Atotech, a brand within the Materials Solutions Division of MKS Instruments, is pleased to announce its participation in the upcoming 40th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition, which will be held at the Lisbon Congress Center in Lisbon, Portugal from September 18 ̶ 22, 2023.
The EU PVSEC serves as a key hub for innovation in the worldwide photovoltaic (PV) solar industry. It’s not only the biggest international conference dedicated to PV research, technologies, and applications but also hosts a PV industry exhibition. During this exhibition, experts from the PV industry showcase their technologies, innovations, and new ideas related to PV solar production. The event brings together PV professionals from across the globe to share and discuss the latest PV developments, foster networking, and engage in business activities. It’s a renowned platform that bridges the worlds of scientific research and industry, with a unique focus on the global PV solar sector.
MKS presents its groundbreaking Atotech metallization processes that provide mechanical reliability and stability of solar cell fingers and busbars. Our electroplating technology not only improves cell performance but also helps cut down material costs by significantly reducing or even eliminating silver consumption, resulting in more cost-effective and efficient solar panels.
Our product highlights at the PV industry exhibition will include:
- CupraPro® PV 8: Mild acidic cleaning process that effectively removes oxides, improves the wettability of the cell’s surface
- Nimate® PV: Thin nickel seed layer building the contact to silicon and diffusion barrier layer for the subsequent buildup of copper fingers and busbars
- Cupracid® PV family: Highly conductive, low stressed and ductile copper composition tailored for operation in current densities ranging from 2 up to 25 ASD
- Stannacid® PV: Standard tin process ensuring solderability for a reliable cell connection
- Niveostan® PV 20: High speed tin process for solderability and protection of copper layers
- Argalux® PV: Silver capping layer as an alternative to the tin layer, ensuring solderability
As part of the conference program, our photovoltaic expert Dr. Torsten Voss will talk about “Advanced plating technologies for photovoltaics” on Wednesday, September 20, 2023, at 8:30 a.m. UTC.
Take the opportunity and join us at booth B9 to learn more about improved performance and productivity offered by our Atotech metallization processes. We look forward to meeting you there!
Conference: 40th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition
Date: September 18 – 22, 2023
Venue: Lisbon Congress Centre, Lisbon, Portugal
For more information, please visit: https://www.eupvsec.org/