Berlin, October 11, 2023 – Atotech, a brand of MKS Instruments, will be attending at the Surface Finishing Mexico (SFM) 2023, taking place in Guadalajara, Mexico from October 18 to 19, 2023.
Surface Finishing Mexico (6th edition) is Mexico’s top industrial surface finishing and coatings exhibition. It features a unique educational program and commercial area, catering to professionals seeking specialized supplies, including functional and decorative surface finishing, chemicals, paint, pretreatment equipment, and more for various industries like automotive, aerospace, electronics, and medical.
At this show, we will present our surface finishing solutions that enhance durability and improve appearance and functionality regarding corrosion protection, and wear resistance. Decorative coatings and paint support technologies complete our product portfolio. All our solutions are tailored to meet the demanding industry requirements.
Product highlights at the show, among others, will be:
Electrolytic zinc and zinc nickel processes:
- Zinni® 220 – Boric acid, ammonia-free acid zinc nickel electrolyte providing excellent corrosion protection
- EcoTri® ONE – Versatile passivate for zinc and zinc nickel electroplated layers
- Zinni® AL 450 – Alkaline zinc nickel plating process with stable nickel incorporation of 12 – 15%
Zinc flake coating solutions:
- Zintek® ONE HP – One-layer zinc-flake system providing superior corrosion protection
- Zintek® 200 – Inorganic silver premium base coat offering excellent cathodic corrosion protection
- Techdip® Black SL HC2 – Organic black top coat with excellent coverage on silver and black base coats providing an appealing, uniform black appearance
Decorative plating and plating on plastics processes:
- Covertron® 600 – Cr-free pretreatment for plastic metallization suitable for the ABS, ABS/PC, and 2K/3K/ selective materials that are currently produced with Cr(VI)-based processes
- TriChrome® family – Cr(VI)-free decorative chrome processes that expand the choice of colors and designs
- Satilume® Plus – Variety of fine, regular and attractive satin nickel surfaces with silky and matt appearance
- Satilume® LongLife – Regeneration system combining Satilume® Plus processes with with advanced filtration and dosing equipment
Functional chrome coating solutions:
- BluCr® – The safer and more sustainable alternative to hexavalent hard-chrome plating with low friction and good wear-resistance properties
- Fumalock® – The first fluorine-free, non-PFOS, non-PFAS fume suppressant. Outperforms existing processes in NESHAP stack tests (2 to 4 times lower in Cr6+ emissions). EPA, CEPA and REACH compliant
- DynaChrome® Plus – Advanced production system for hard chrome plating of shock absorber rods
Electroless nickel plating solutions:
- Nichem® HP 1170 – Innovative high-phosphorus electroless nickel process offering unmatched highest corrosion protection
- Nichem® MP 400 – Ultra-bright mid-phosphorus electroless nickel process that is free of toxic substances such as Pb and Cd, ETDA and boric acid, capable of forming NiP deposits with very high gloss values ranging from 300 ̶ 600 GU
- EDEN® – Electrodialysis system for electroless nickel, regenerating the electroless nickel bath by removing by-products and keeping the concentrations of all ingredients within a defined range
- Nichem MP 1188 – Pb and Cd-free mid-phosphorus electroless nickel process capable of standing up to the highest production demands
- Nichem HP 1151 – Pb and Cd-free high-phosphorus electroless nickel process that offers particularly high stability – even during idle periods
- Alumseal 611 – Advanced zincate process for aluminum and aluminum alloys
Paint support technologies:
- Interlox® 5707 – Zirconium-based, phosphate-free paint pretreatment process that provides superior paint adhesion, long solution life, reduced waste treatment and corrosion resistance for a wide variety of metal substrates
- Master Remover® 7000 – Robust and rapid e-coat removal technology for hooks, racks, and fixtures compatible with ferrous and light metals
- Master Remover® ESPRIT – Pre-assembled modular tank system aligned with Master Remover® paint removal processes offering tailor-made adaption options to individual paint applicator needs
- KleerAid® EZ Treat 2.0 – Waterborne, solvent-borne, and mixed paint system treatment ideal for automotive OEM and Tier 1 paint applicators
Our team will be waiting at booth 306 ready to discuss the potential applications, solutions, and details for our wide range of products.
On October 19, 2023, at 4:45 p.m., Alberto Benedito will present “How to reduce the carbon footprint in the plating process”. In his presentation, Alberto Benedito will explore innovative strategies and sustainable practices aimed at minimizing the carbon footprint associated with plating processes.
Conference: SFM (Surface Finishing Mexico)
Date: October 18 – 19, 2023
Venue: Expo Guadalajara. Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
For more information, please visit: https://surfacefinishingmx.com/sfm-2023/
Atotech, a brand within the Materials Solutions Division of MKS Instruments, develops leading process and manufacturing technologies for advanced surface modification, electroless and electrolytic plating, and surface finishing. Applying a comprehensive systems-and-solutions approach, the Atotech portfolio includes chemistry, equipment, software, and services for innovative and high-technology applications. These solutions are used in a wide variety of end-markets, including datacenter, consumer electronics and communications infrastructure, as well as in numerous industrial and consumer applications such as automotive, heavy machinery, and household appliances.
With its well-established innovative strength and industry-leading global TechCenter network, MKS delivers pioneering solutions through its Atotech brand – combined with unparalleled on-site support for customers worldwide.