Highly experienced leadership team
around the globe
Our company is led by a highly experienced team with an average tenure of nearly two decades in the industry. Our management team is strategically positioned around the globe and consists of the CEO, the CFO, two business unit leaders, functional heads, and the leader of our China region.
Chief Executive Officer
Geoff Wild has headed Atotech’s worldwide operations as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) since 2017. He is a seasoned global chemicals industry executive with extensive experience in specialty chemicals and materials for the semiconductor and high technology industries, including PCBs, flat-panel displays, and electronic components. He also draws from his global experience with high-performance teams involved in lithography, semiconductor equipment, strategic marketing, growth management, product development, and mergers & acquisitions.
Geoff’s previous executive experience includes:
- CEO of AZ Electronic Materials (2010–2015)
- CEO and President of Cascade Microtech (2007–2010)
- CEO and President of Nikon Precision (2002–2007)
- CEO and President of TheSupply (2000–2002)
- President, Electronics, for AlliedSignal (now Honeywell) (1997–2000)
- President and Divisional Director at Johnson Matthey (1980–1997)
Chief Financial Officer
Peter Frauenknecht was appointed Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and member of the executive board at the beginning of 2017. He oversees all finance and treasury operations, external and internal reporting, worldwide controlling, enterprise risk management, internal audits, communications and investor relations, the project management office, as well as IT on a global level. Peter has more than 30 years of experience in global industrial manufacturing businesses with considerable exposure to various cultures including the Asian markets. Furthermore, he has worked extensively in private equity and a highly-leveraged PLC business environment.
Peter’s previous executive experience includes:
- CFO and member of the Executive Board of Constantia Flexibles (2013–2016)
- CFO, Business Unit General Lighting/Professional Lighting for OSRAM AG (2009–2013)
- Senior Vice President, Corporate Finance, Accounting & Controlling for OSRAM GmbH (2004–2008)
- CFO, Business Unit Global Display-Optic (specialty lighting) for OSRAM GmbH (2001–2004)
- CFO of OSRAM Mexico (1997–2001)
Since 2016 Harald Ahnert has headed Atotech’s Electronics business. As President, he has global profit and loss responsibility for his business and oversees its product portfolio and sales and marketing activities. Harald has been with the company since 1997 and has supported the business in various positions, functions, and regions. He has a track record of driving growth and successful efficiency measures.
Harald’s previous executive experience includes:
- Managing Director, Germany, Netherlands, and Austria at Atotech (2010–2016)
- Manager, OEMs and Key Accounts at Atotech (2006–2010)
Gertjan van der Wal
President, General Metal Finishing
Since 2014 Gertjan van der Wal has headed Atotech’s General Metal Finishing business. As President, he has global profit and loss responsibility for the business unit and oversees its product portfolio and sales and marketing activities. Gertjan joined Atotech in 1989 and draws from a deep knowledge of the company’s business, global market, customer base, and products.
Gertjan’s previous executive experience includes:
- Vice President, Europe and the Americas at Atotech (2009–2014)
- Manager, Worldwide Business, Decorative Plating/Plating on Plastics at Atotech (2007–2009)
- Managing Director, Czech Republic at Atotech (2006)
- Supply Chain Manager, Europe at Atotech (2003–2006)
- Managing Director, Netherlands at Atotech (1999–2003)
Chief Operations Officer
As Chief Operations Officer (COO), John Stephenson has overseen all of Atotech’s global supply chains and operations since 2018. He ensures that the company utilizes best practices and skills worldwide in production, purchasing, quality management, and logistics. John is a seasoned international business leader with over two decades of experience in global industrial companies.
John’s previous executive experience includes:
- COO and Board Member for Operations and Supply Chain Management with the NORMA Group (2009–2018)
- Vice President, Operations, Europe, Asia, and Africa for Hayes Lemmerz International (2005–2009)
- Director, Operations, North Europe for Textron Fastening Systems (2002–2005)
Dr. Brian Daniels
Vice President, R&D
As Vice President of R&D, Dr. Brian Daniels has overseen Atotech’s R&D investments since 2017, with a focus on further improving the company’s R&D processes to drive value and differentiation for our customers. Brian draws from over three decades of experience in the electronics industry and has a track record of growing revenue through the development of new products and platforms for electronics, displays, lighting, and energy generation/storage.
Brian’s previous executive experience includes:
- Senior Vice President and Business Unit head for the Advanced Technologies unit of Merck (2014–2017)
- Director of Global R&D and Innovation Management with AZ Electronic Materials (2011–2014)
- CTO and Director of Technology as well as further management positions at Honeywell Electronic Materials (2000–2010)
Vice President, Worldwide Human Resources
Since 2018 Daniel Wan has been Vice President of Worldwide Human Resources for Atotech. He is responsible for HR strategy, providing an overall strategy for advancing key people-related priorities that support the business. Daniel is an experienced HR professional, having worked in both in-house and consulting environments. He draws from more than 30 years’ international HR management experience, which he gained primarily in high-tech and chemical industries.
Daniel’s previous executive experience includes:
- Senior Vice President, Global Human Resources at Rotam Agrochemical (2016–2018)
- Group HR Director with AZ Electronic Materials (2012–2015)
- Senior Director, Corporate Learning & Organization Development and various other management positions with Avery Dennison (2007–2012)
- Director, Human Resources for BP Asia (2002–2007)
- Various HR manager roles for different regions and functions at Intel Semiconductor (1994–2002)
Dr. Josh McMorrow
Vice President and Group General Counsel
Dr. Josh McMorrow has overseen Atotech’s worldwide legal, patent, compliance, and HSEQ practices since 2019. He is a seasoned legal professional with more than 20 years of experience. Josh is a U.S.-trained attorney and has a strong proficiency in global business structures (including Private Equity and publicly listed companies) as well as overall legal operations.
Josh’s previous executive experience includes:
- Vice President, Chief Commercial Counsel – Eastern Hemisphere; Global Head of Litigation at Weatherford International plc (2014–2019)
- Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary at PSC (2012–2014)
- General Counsel, Assistant General Counsel at Air Liquide (2004–2012)
- Trial attorney at Bracewell LLP (1999–2004)
Vice President, Greater China
George Yang has overseen business operations for Atotech’s China and Taiwan regions as Vice President since 2017. He is a seasoned manager with nearly three decades of experience in the electronics industry in a variety of leading positions in sales, operations, country, and general management.
George’s previous executive experience includes:
- Managing Director, Taiwan (2012–2015) and China (2015–2017) at Atotech
- CEO with Roth&Rau, China (2011)
- Asia General Manager and General Manager of the Global Surface Preparation Technology Segment at ATMI (2003–2010)
- Director and General Manager, Global Services Segment GM, as well as other management positions at Johnson Matthey/Honeywell (1989–2003)