Legal information and
Atotech Deutschland GmbH & Co. KG
10553 Berlin, Germany
Phone: +49 (0) 30 – 349 85 0
Fax: +49 (0) 30 – 349 85 777
Atotech Deutschland GmbH & Co. KG is legally represented by its general partner Atotech Beteiligungs und Management GmbH & Co. KG (Registration court: Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg, Commercial register number: HRA 53643 B), which is legally represented by its general partner Alpha Germany Bidco GmbH (Registration court: Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg, Commercial register number: HRB 184857 B), which is legally represented by its managing directors, Geoffrey Wild and Peter Frauenknecht.
Commercial register registration:
Registration court: Amtsgericht Berlin (Charlottenburg) (Berlin (Charlottenburg) Magistrates’ Court)
Commercial register number: HRA 59524 B
VAT number: DE 159 339 065
Atotech representative responsible for contents:
Atotech Deutschland GmbH & Co. KG
Tel. +49 (0) 30 – 349 85 0
Fax +49 (0) 30 – 349 85 770
1. Although Atotech takes reasonable care to verify that the information provided on the Atotech website is accurate and up to date, it cannot be entirely ruled out that certain information may be obsolete, inaccurate or out of date.
2. Accordingly, neither Atotech nor any of the Atotech Group Companies or any of their respective officers, directors or employees makes or gives any representation, warranty, guarantee or assurance regarding the quality, accuracy or completeness of any of the information or content provided on or via the Atotech website. The provision of information and content on or via the Atotech website does not constitute and shall not be deemed to constitute any statement regarding the quality, specifications accuracy or completeness of such information or content. The information and content on the Atotech website does not constitute and shall not be deemed to constitute any representation, warranty, guarantee or assurance regarding the quality, suitability or appropriateness of any Atotech product (whether available for purchase on or via the Atotech website or otherwise) for any particular use or purpose, whether individually or together with any other product and whether such use or purpose is considered customary or is so presumed by a user of the Atotech website or otherwise. This requires special personal advice to be provided by Atotech.
3. Atotech, as a service provider, is responsible for its own contents on the Website in accordance with the applicable legal provisions. Liability for ordinary negligence is hereby excluded. This does not apply, however, to any injury to life, body and/or health, any claim under the Product Liability Act or any violation of such obligations, fulfilment of which is a precondition for the valid execution of a contract concluded with a user of the Website and a violation of which threatens the achievement of the purpose of the contract and on whose compliance the user typically relies.
4. Atotech, as a service provider, is not obliged to monitor any third party information transmitted or stored on or via the Website or to investigate circumstances that indicate any illegal activities. Obligations to remove or block the use of information in accordance with legal regulations remain unaffected by the foregoing. Atotech will remove any such unlawful contents as soon as reasonably practicable after this comes to its attention.
5. In as far as the Atotech website contains links to external websites of third parties, Atotech has no influence over or responsibility for their contents. Therefore, Atotech does not assume any liability for such external contents. The respective providers or operators of any external websites shall at all times be responsible for the contents of such websites. Any linked external websites were checked for possible law infringement at the time of linking. No illegal contents were identified at the time of linking. However, it is unreasonable to expect permanent verification or monitoring of the contents of the linked websites in the absence of specific evidence of a violation of applicable laws. Atotech will remove any such link as soon as reasonably practicable after it becomes aware of any such violation.
6. The information and contents presented on the Atotech website do not constitute advice or an offer to enter into or establish any contractual relationship with any user of the Atotech website.
7. The contents and works of the Atotech website are subject to copyright protection. Any reproduction, public disclosure, editing, distribution or any other form of use and exploitation of the contents and works of this website outside the limits of copyright law are subject to the prior written consent of Atotech (which may be withheld or conditioned at Atotech’s sole discretion) or the respective author, as applicable. Any duplication of contents or works from the Atotech website is only permitted within the limits of copyright law. Any reproduction, dissemination or other disclosure for commercial purposes is prohibited. Copyright, trademark and other licensing notices must be observed and may not be removed.
8. Any references or cross-references to Atotech’s products and services do not indicate whether and in which countries these products and services are available. In this respect, users of this website are advised to contact their local Atotech Company or authorized representative for product and service information and availability.
9. Unless otherwise required by applicable laws or regulations, any information provided by a user is considered to be non-confidential. Atotech’s compliance with data protection regulations remains unaffected by the foregoing. The information provided by a user must be accurate and may not violate applicable laws or any interests of Atotech or any third party. Atotech is free to use the information provided by a user within the limits of applicable law.
10. Unless otherwise stated herein, all data on the website is current as of December 31, 2021.
This privacy statement contains the policy of Atotech Deutschland GmbH & Co. KG, Erasmusstraße 20,10553 Berlin, Germany (‘Atotech’), for the handling of personal data collected, processed and used during visits to Atotech’s Website (‘Website’). We will make every effort to help you in conjunction with the use of the Website in all questions concerning the use of your data. In this regard, please contact the address shown in the imprint or use our contact form.
1. Guiding principle
Atotech is committed to complying fully with applicable German and European laws and applicable regulations and directives on personal information protection and data protection. Not only does Atotech make every effort to abide by data protection legislation, it also endeavours to comply with the recommendations issued by recognised data protection bodies on voluntary self-regulation.
2. Atotech as the controller
The Website is operated by Atotech. Atotech is the controller in terms of data processing in conjunction with the use of the Website.
3. Personal data
The following information relates to the processing of your personal data.
The term ‘personal data’ as used herein means any information relating to a specific or identifiable natural person that enables such person to be identified. Personal data is therefore any data that can be referred to you personally, such as name, address, email address, payment information or user behaviour.
In cases of doubt, Atotech also classifies general information relating to an individual as personal data.
4. Collection of data during each visit to the Website
a) Use data
Whenever you visit the Website, even if you use the Website for information purposes only, i.e. whenever you visit the Website even without transmitting any information – for instance, when making queries –, we collect (personal) data which your browser transmits in order to enable you to visit the Website.
This information consists of the following elements:
- IP address
- Date and time of the query
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Contents of the query (concrete page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Amount of data transmitted in each case
- Website where the query originated
- Browser, language of the browser, version of the browser software
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software
We collect your data in accordance with Art. 6 (1) 1 (f) GDPR. The legitimate interest in collecting your data is the proper presentation and functioning of the Website.
The data is deleted after 30 calendar days from the date of collection.
When you use the Website, cookies are stored on the device you use to access the Website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on the user’s end device when a Website is visited.
This stored information is sent back to the (our) server when the Website is visited again. We use both session and temporary cookies.
Session cookies store a so-called session ID that enables different queries by your browser to be assigned to the common session. They are automatically deleted from your hard drive after the end of the browser session. We use this type of cookie in order to identify you throughout your visit to the Website, even if you have visited subpages.
Temporary cookies are automatically deleted after a defined period of time. They enable us to identify you during repeated visits to our Website on the basis of the feedback that a set cookie sends to our server during several browser sessions.
c) Web analytics (Google Analytics)
On our Website we use Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (‘Google’). Google Analytics uses so-called cookies (see lit. b) which enable an analysis of your use of the Website.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the US and stored there.
The IP address transmitted by your browser within the scope of Google Analytics will not be merged with other data from Google.
Furthermore, we added the ‘anonymized IP’ code to Google Analytics on the Website.
This guarantees the masking of your IP address, so that all data is collected anonymously.
Prior to transmission, the information collected is anonymised by Google reducing your IP address by the last 8 bits.
Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the US and shortened there.
Google will use this information on our behalf solely for the purpose of evaluating your usage of the Website, compiling reports on Website activities and providing us with further services related to Website and Internet usage.
You can prevent the storage of cookies by making the appropriate settings in your browser software. Please note, however, that you may then be unable to use all the functions of the Website.
You can also download and install the browser plugin from the link below in order to prevent the capture of the data (including your IP address) generated by cookies and related to your usage of the Website as well as its transmission to Google and processing by Google: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
5. Additional data processing in the case of newsletter registration
If you have subscribed to a newsletter by email, we will store your email address until you unsubscribe.
The only purpose of this storage is to send you the newsletter.
Furthermore, we also store your email address and the date and time on which you subscribed to the newsletter in order to prevent misuse of your personal data and to be able to prove that you have subscribed to the newsletter.
For technical reasons, the only mandatory information for subscribing to and receiving our newsletter is your email address.
The legal basis is your consent according to Art 6 (1) 1 (a) GDPR.
You can unsubscribe from the newsletter and revoke your consent to receive the newsletter at any time.
You can declare your intention to unsubscribe by clicking on the link provided in each newsletter email or by sending a message to the contact details given in the imprint.
The data you entered will not be passed on to third parties.
As soon as you have withdrawn your consent, your data will be deleted, provided there are no other reasons for retaining your data (e.g. tax retention periods).
6. Other forms of contact
If you contact us by email or using the contact form on this Website, we will store your email address and, if you provide this information, your name, company, telephone number and country of origin in order to be able to process your request and contact you.
In any case, we will collect, process and use the personal data provided in this way only for the purpose of responding to your query and/or giving you access to the information you requested.
If you use the contact form, the legal basis is your consent according to Art. 6 (1) 1 (a) GDPR.
The legal basis for the processing of data submitted in response to your email is Art. 6 (1) 1 (f) GDPR.
Once the relevant purpose(s) is/are achieved, the personal data will be deleted.
7. Purpose of data collection
Otherwise, Atotech collects personal data only in accordance with the applicable statutory provisions.
8. Transmission of personal data within the EU/EEA
Atotech will use the personal data you provide solely for the purpose of answering or processing your request.
For this purpose, we may also transmit your personal data to other companies within the EU or the EEA that belong to the Atotech group (‘Atotech Group Companies’). These companies are bound by our instructions and will not disclose your data to third parties. Such companies might include the Atotech Group Companies from time to time. A current list of the Atotech Group Companies is set out in the Annex to this Notice.
Atotech also engages other service providers acting in certain areas on behalf of Atotech and in compliance with Atotech’s instructions. These service providers, such as IT service providers, who maintain Atotech’s technical infrastructure or provide hosting services, may have access to your personal data. However, in order to prevent data misuse, Atotech concludes with such service providers the contracts on commissioned data processing as required by law, obliging service providers to take appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal data of third parties and to process personal data only in accordance with Atotech’s instructions and for no other purpose. Atotech verifies this regularly and ensures that these service providers comply with Atotech’s specifications and act in accordance with the contract.
9. Data processing in companies outside the EU/EEA
Some of the Atotech Group companies and the service providers are located in countries that do not provide adequate levels of data protection. These companies are referred to in the Annex to this Notice. With regard to these companies, Atotech will take all the necessary measures, such as agreeing to European standard contractual clauses in order to ensure that transmission is in compliance with applicable data protection provisions.
10. Your rights
a) Information rights
You are entitled to obtain information from us at any time free of charge about the data that we have stored about you, as well as its origin, recipients or categories of recipients to whom such data is passed on as well as the purpose of such storage.
You have the right to obtain from us without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you.
After termination of the respective usage relationship, your personal data will, if applicable, be deleted after the expiry of the tax, commercial and other statutory retention as well as limitation periods, unless you have expressly consented to the further use of your data.
In so far as statutory retention periods are not affected by this and your data is no longer required for the execution of contracts or for processing your query, you can request the deletion of your data at any time.
d) Restriction of processing
You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your data if the relevant conditions under the GDPR are met.
If the processing is based on a legitimate interest, you have the right to object to the processing of your data. We will then no longer process your data, unless we have a legitimate interest in the processing that outweighs your interests, rights, and freedoms.
f) Data portability
If the data processing is based on consent or on the fulfillment of a contract and if it is also carried out using automated processing, you have the right to receive your data in a structured, common and machine-readable format and to transfer it to another data processor.
g) Withdrawal of consent
You can withdraw your consent to the use of your data at any time (see section h) below for details).
You have the right to complain to a supervisory authority about our processing of your data.
i) Contact details
If you wish to withdraw your consent to the use of your data or wish to request further information or the deletion of any of your data, please contact us by post or e-mail at
Atotech Deutschland GmbH & Co. KG
10553 Berlin, Germany
Our Data Protection Officer may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2008 – 2022, Atotech Deutschland GmbH & Co. KG. All Rights Reserved.