Legal information and
Atotech Deutschland GmbH
10553 Berlin, Germany
Phone: +49 (0) 30 – 349 85 0
Fax: +49 (0) 30 – 349 85 777
Atotech Deutschland GmbH is legally represented by its CEO, Geoffrey Wild and Peter Frauenknecht.
Commercial register registration:
Registration court: Amtsgericht Berlin (Charlottenburg) (Berlin (Charlottenburg) Magistrates’ Court)
Commercial register number: HRB No. 51451
VAT number: DE 159 339 065
Responsible for contents:
Atotech Deutschland GmbH
Tel. +49 (0) 30 – 349 85 0
Fax +49 (0) 30 – 349 85 770
1. Although Atotech takes reasonable care to verify that the information provided on the Atotech website is accurate and up to date, it cannot be entirely ruled out that individual pieces of information may be obsolete and no longer up to date.
2. In this respect, there are no warranties or representations regarding quality or other guarantees or assurances as to the information and content provided on the Atotech website. The provision of information and content on this website does not constitute any statement regarding quality specifications. The information and content on this website does not give any indication or warranty as to whether Atotech’s products are suitable for any form of use or particular purpose presumed by a user of this website when signing a contract or for any customary use or any other purpose. This requires special personal advice to be provided by Atotech.
3. Atotech, as a service provider, is responsible for its own contents on this website in accordance with the applicable legal provisions. Liability for ordinary negligence is excluded. This does not apply, however, to any injury to life, body and health and to claims under the Product Liability Act, as well as to violation of such obligations, fulfilment of which is a precondition for the valid execution of a contract concluded with a user of this website and a violation of which threatens the achievement of the purpose of the contract and on whose compliance the user typically relies.
4. Atotech, as a service provider, is not obliged to monitor any third-party information transmitted or stored or to investigate circumstances that indicate illegal activities. Obligations to remove or block the use of information in accordance with legal regulations remain unaffected by this. Atotech will immediately remove such unlawful contents as soon as this comes to its attention.
5. In as far as the Atotech website contains links to external websites of third parties, Atotech has no influence on their contents. Therefore, Atotech does not assume any liability for such external contents. The respective providers or operators of the websites are always responsible for the contents of the linked websites. The linked websites were checked for possible law infringement at the time of linking. No illegal contents were identified at the time of linking. However, it is unreasonable to expect permanent control of the contents of the linked websites without concrete evidence of a violation of law. Atotech will immediately remove such links as soon as it becomes aware of violations of law.
6. The information and content presented on the Atotech website does not constitute advice or an offer to establish a contractual relationship with the user of the Atotech website.
7. The contents and works of the Atotech website are subject to copyright protection. Any reproduction, public disclosure, editing, distribution or any other form of use and exploitation of the contents and works of this website outside the limits of copyright law are subject to the written consent of Atotech or the respective author. Any duplication of contents or works from this website is only permitted within the limits of copyright law. Any reproduction for commercial purposes is prohibited. Copyright, trademark and other licensing notices must be observed and may not be removed.
8. Any references or cross-references to Atotech’s products and services do not indicate whether and in which countries these products and services are available. In this respect, users of this website are advised to contact their local Atotech Company or authorized representative for product and service availability.
9. Atotech does not collect any information from third parties on its website. Any information provided by a user is considered to be non-confidential. Atotech’s compliance with data protection regulations remains unaffected by this. The information provided by a user must be accurate and may not violate applicable laws or any interests of Atotech or any third party. Atotech is free to use the information provided by a user within the limits of applicable law.
This privacy statement contains the policy of Atotech Deutschland GmbH, Erasmusstraße 20,10553 Berlin, Germany (‘Atotech’), for handling personal data collected, processed and used during visits to Atotech’s website (‘Website’). We will make every effort to help you in conjunction with the use of our website in all questions concerning the use of your data. In this case, please contact the address shown in the imprint or use our contact form.
1. Guiding principle
Abiding by German laws and European regulations and directives on data protection is a top priority for Atotech. Not only does Atotech make every effort to abide by data protection legislation, the company also endeavours to comply with the recommendations by recognised data protection bodies on voluntary self-regulation.
2. Atotech as the controller
This website is operated by Atotech. Atotech is the controller in terms of data processing in conjunction with the use of the website.
3. Personal data
The following information relates to the processing of your personal data.
The term ‘personal data’ as used herein means any information relating to a specific or identifiable natural person that enables such person to be identified. Personal data is therefore any data that can be referred to you personally, such as name, address, e mail address, payment information or user behaviour.
In cases of doubt, Atotech also classifies general information relating to an individual as personal data.
4. Collection of data during each visit to the website
a) Use data
Whenever you visit our website, even if you use the website for information purposes only, i. e. whenever you visit our website even without transmitting any information – for instance, when making queries –, we collect (personal) data which your browser transmits in order to enable you to visit the website.
This information consists of the following elements:
- IP address
- Date and time of the query
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Contents of the query (concrete page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Amount of data transmitted in each case
- Website where the query originated
- Browser, language of the browser, version of the browser software
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software
We do not use this information as personal data, but only evaluate it statistically on a pseudonymised basis.
When you use our website, cookies are stored on the device you use to access the website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on the user’s end device when a website is visited.
This stored information is sent back to the (our) server when the website is visited again. We use both session and temporary cookies.
Session cookies store a so-called session ID, that enables different queries by your browser to be assigned to the common session. They are automatically deleted from your hard drive after the end of the browser session. We use this type of cookie in order to identify you throughout your visit to the website, even if you have visited subpages.
Temporary cookies are automatically deleted after a defined period of time. They enable us to identify you during repeated visits to our website on the basis of the feedback that a set cookie sends to our server during several browser sessions.
c) Web analytics (Google Analytics)
On our website we use Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (‘Google’). Google Analytics uses so-called cookies (see lit. b) which enable an analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the US and stored there. The IP address transmitted by your browser within the scope of Google Analytics will not be merged with other data from Google. Furthermore, we added the ‘anonymized IP’ code to Google Analytics on this website. This guarantees the masking of your IP address, so that all data is collected anonymously. Prior to transmission, the information collected is anonymised by Google reducing your IP address by the last 8 bits. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the US and shortened there.
Google will use this information on our behalf solely for the purpose of evaluating your usage of the website, compiling reports on website activities and providing us with further services related to website and Internet usage. You can prevent the storage of cookies by making the appropriate settings in your browser software. Please note, however, that you may then be unable to use all the functions of this website.
You can also download and install the browser plugin from the link below in order to prevent the capture of the data (including your IP address) generated by cookies and related to your usage of the website as well as its transmission to Google and processing by Google: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
Besides the option to download the browser plugin, there is another alternative to prevent Google Analytics from collecting data. This feature is particularly interesting for users of mobile devices. For this purpose, just click this link: http://support.google.com/ads/answer/7395996?hl=en&ref_topic=7048998
This will install an opt-out cookie that prevents the tracking of data on this website. The function remains active until the cookie is deleted. After the cookie has been deleted, all you need to do is click the link again.
5. Additional data processing in the case of newsletter registration
If you have subscribed to a newsletter per e mail, we will store your e mail address until you unsubscribe. The only purpose of this storage is to send you the newsletter. Furthermore, we also store your e mail address and the corresponding time of subscribing to the newsletter in order to prevent misuse of your personal data and to be able to prove that you have subscribed to the newsletter.
For technical reasons, the only mandatory information for subscribing to and receiving our newsletter is your e mail address.
You can unsubscribe from the newsletter and revoke your consent to receive the newsletter at any time. You can declare your revocation by clicking on the link provided in each newsletter e mail or by sending a message to the contact details given in the imprint.
The data you entered will not be passed on to third parties.
6. Other forms of contact
If you contact us by e mail or using the contact form on this website, we will store your e mail address and, if you provide this information, your name, company, telephone number and country of origin in order to be able to process your request and contact you. In any case, we will collect, process and use the personal data provided in this way only for the purpose of responding to your query and/or giving you access to the information you requested. Once the purpose is achieved, the personal data will be deleted.
7. Purpose of data collection
Otherwise, Atotech collects personal data only in accordance with the applicable statutory provisions.
8. Transmission of personal data within the EU/EEA
Atotech will use the personal data you provide solely for the purpose of answering or processing your request.
For this purpose, we may also transmit your personal data to other companies within the EU or the EEA that belong to the Atotech group (‘Atotech Group companies’). These companies are bound by our instructions and will not disclose your data to third parties.
Atotech also engages other service providers acting in certain areas on behalf of Atotech and in compliance with Atotech’s instructions. These service providers, such as IT service providers, who maintain Atotech’s technical infrastructure or provide hosting services, may have access to your personal data. However, in order to prevent data misuse, Atotech concludes with such service providers the contracts on commissioned data processing as required by law, obliging service providers to take appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal data of third parties and to process personal data only in accordance with Atotech’s instructions and for no other purpose. Atotech verifies this regularly and ensures that these service providers comply with Atotech’s specifications and act in accordance with the contract.
9. Data processing in companies outside the EU/EEA
Some of the Atotech Group companies are located in countries that do not provide adequate levels of data protection. These companies are listed in the ‘Contact’ section. With regard to these companies, Atotech will take all the necessary measures, such as agreeing to European standard contractual clauses in order to ensure that transmission is in compliance with applicable data protection provisions. To the extent that US companies claim the option of self-certification in accordance with the rules of the ‘Privacy Shield’, Atotech will verify this and transmit the data on the basis of the Privacy Shield in the event of successful verification.
10. Information, deletion and revocation rights
a) Information rights
You are entitled to obtain from us at any time free of charge information about the data that we have stored about you, as well as its origin, recipients or categories of recipients to whom such data is passed on as well as the purpose of storage.
After termination of the respective usage relationship, your personal data will, if applicable, be deleted after the expiry of the retention periods required under tax and commercial law, unless you have expressly consented to the further use of your data.
In as far as statutory retention periods are not affected by this and your data is no longer required for the execution of contracts or for processing your query, you can request deletion of your data at any time.
You can revoke your consent to the use of your data at any time.
d) Contact details
Please send your revocation as well as any requests for information and deletion by post or e mail to
ATOTECH Deutschland GmbH
10553 Berlin, Germany
© 2008 – 2018, Atotech Deutschland GmbH. All Rights Reserved.