Universal High Throw Horizontal Electroless Copper Process for Advanced Dielectrics including 5G and Flex Applications
Successor to Printoganth® P Plus
Printoganth® P2 is the latest member of the market leading Printoganth® P series
Superior coverage and adhesion
Printoganth® P2 features excellent, blister-free coverage on both regular and advanced dielectrics
Secure metallization of TH and BMVs
Combines an outstanding throwing power and a compatibility with a wide range of via fill electrolytes
Universal Horizontal Electroless Copper Process for Advanced Dielectrics including 5G and Flex PCBs.
Dielectric adhesion and coverage
Printoganth® P2 has excellent adhesion with no blistering characteristics on even the smoothest substrates. Its wide compatibility with multiple dielectric types makes Printoganth® P2 the ideal choice for manufacturers who have a broad product mix (MLB, HDI, FPCB) or hybrid boards.
Excellent throwing power
The enhanced stabilizer package in Printoganth® P2 enables an outstanding throwing power into through holes and blind micro vias. Together with its proven compatibility with a wide range of via fill electrolytes, Printoganth® P2 is the ideal solution for challenging HDI PCBs and HAR panels.
- Universal horizontal electroless copper process for regular and advanced dielectrics
- MLB, HDI using advanced materials such as high Tg FR4, BT, low df/dk materials
- FPCB or Rigid-Flex PCBs
- Panels with high aspect ratio TH or BMVs
- Outstanding adhesion and non-blistering characteristics, even on challenging substrates such as PI
- Wide compatibility with industry proven electrolytic copper processes for excellent via filling performance
- Enables mixed production capability with materials from FR4 to advanced dielectrics or hybrid buildups
- Fulfills highest reliability requirements
- Fully analyzable, optimized stabilizer system for high bath stability
- Next generation of the Printoganth® P Series – drop-in solution for existing copper plating infrastructure
What inspires us
Why we developed Printoganth® P2
Achieving consistent and reliable coverage and adhesion of the electroless Copper layer onto a wide range of dielectrics is your key challenge in modern PCB and FPCB production. Without these, the electroless Copper layer will show random and uncontrolled blistering or peeling, neither of which is acceptable in high volume manufacturing.
With the latest HDI product designs pushing the capabilities of micro via formation to the limits, the ability to achieve sufficient throwing power into the via is an essential requirement in even the most complex of via geometries. With the range of via fill electrolytes now available on the market, it is desirable that a single electroless Copper solution be available which will work with all of them and still support their individual via fill performance.
Printoganth® P2 is Atotech’s latest, and most versatile electroless Copper process for horizontal PCB production methods.
Building on the capabilities of previous generations of the successful Printoganth® P series, Printoganth® P2 exhibits excellent adhesion and coverage characteristics on the widest range of dielectric materials used for MLB, HDI and FPCB manufacture.
Developments made in the stabilizer package mean that Printoganth® P2 shows not only un paralleled throwing power into blind micro vias, but is compatible with the widest range of via fill electrolytes available. These two factors confirm that Printoganth® P2 is the best choice electroless Copper process to meet the current demands for HDI PCB production.