Atotech’s enhanced graphite-based direct metallization process
ViaKing® has superior conductivity ensuring excellent coverage on a wide variety of dielectric base materials and high layer count build ups.
Easy to install in existing lines with Carbon based processes.
Existing customer reference list
ViaKing® is being utilized at over 10 customers globally, 50% of which process flex and exotic dielectric.
- Outstanding propagation
- Compatible with flex, multi-flex and exotic dielectric materials
- Suitable for panel or pattern plate technologies
- Direct Cu to Cu adhesion with only 0.25 – 0.5 µm etch-rate for maximum reliability
- Chelator, Cyanide and Formaldehyde free process
- Wide operating window for the temperature of the colloid and enhanced bath stability
- Easy to install into existing equipment
- Short horizontal process
- Low water consumption
- Ideal for low volume or stop / start production
The ViaKing® graphite bath operates at higher temperature (33°C) than the equivalent competition processes making it ideal for regions with higher ambient temperature. This is combined with a higher pH, ensures minimal sludge generation.
What inspires us
Why we developed ViaKing®
To successfully process flex and exotic dielectric materials at a fiscally acceptable level. Utilities and wastewater must be included as part of the fiscal equation in any manufacturing environment. A technically significant parameter for many technologies is the etch rate to prevent negative etch back which has the potential to result in electrical discontinuities and voiding.
ViaKing® is an enhanced graphite-based, cost-effective direct metallization process.
Designed to accommodate a low etch rate, in combination with a graphite step that can operate at a higher temperature and pH, ViaKing® provides excellent stability, conductivity and electrical integrity for market-leading high yield electrolytic plating.