Providing electrolytes for the highest requirements
in reliability and productivity
Highest throwing power with excellent reliability
Conformal plating for BMVs and TH
Highest throwing power in DC conformal plating for both BMVs and through vias
For highest reliability
Passes 2,000 cycles TCT test for challenging Automotive HDI and MLB requirements
Optimised for classical DC hoist type systems
Specially designed for classical vertical hoist type facilities equipped with soluble anodes in DC mode
The process is for conformal copper plating with soluble anodes. The applicable current density ranges from 1 A/dm² up to 2.5 A/dm² reaching excellent throwing power in through holes and as well in BMVs. Cupracid® TP5 is designed for hoist type equipment with air agitation and can be used for both panel and pattern plating applications.
For best process control it is based on a three additive system using leveller, brightener and carrier while all its additives are controllable by CVS method.
- High performance conformal plating for MLB, HDI as well as automotive applications
- Process using soluble anodes
- Ideally suited for conventional hoist type equipment using air agitation
- Excellent throwing power in through holes and also in BMVs, improved throwing power compared to older version
- Applicable for high current densities from 1 A/dm² to 2.5 A/dm²
- Cost saving process due to less plated copper by excellent throwing power
- Excellent corner strength of >90% in through holes
- Meets standards of reliability tests like solder shock and TCT (up to 2,000 TCT cycles)
- Analysable by CVS method for best process control
- Compatible to a wide range of metallisation processes on the market
What inspires us
Why we developed Cupracid® TP5
Market demand for high throwing power put conformal electrolytic copper plating to a new challenge. Due to increased usage of Electronics in Automotive, the PCB manufacturers require a high reliability process for conformal BMV and through hole plating. A process fulfilling these requirements is needed for the use of classical hoist type equipment with soluble anodes.
Cupracid® TP5 was developed to surpass the features of our former working horse Cupracid® TP. The new process gives an improved throwing power in through holes and blind micro vias (BMV) and can be used in existing conventional hoist type equipment with soluble anodes. The excellent crystal structure of the deposited copper results in great physical properties such as high ductility and tensile strength, leading to outstanding results in reliability tests such as TCT or solder shock test. The process is ideal suited for MLB, HDI and automotive applications.