Leading smear removal, electroless copper
and direct plating process solutions
Printoganth® MV TP1
High throw e’less Cu – Enabling new opportunities for IC substrates manufacturers
Excellent throwing power
Consistently achieved in BMVs with challenging dimensions
Unique copper deposit
Beneficial surface morphology for high-yield etching and good dry film adhesion
Mixed production capability
CCL and bare materials due to good bath activity
Printoganth® MV TP1 is designed to provide highest throwing power (TP) into blind micro vias and their wedges enabling fine lines and spaces of 10/10 μm and below. Moreover, it enables excellent dry film adhesion and fast etching of the copper deposit. It is therefore perfectly suited to fulfill future IC substrate manufacturer’s demands utilizing the SAP respectively amSAP technology.
- High-end IC substrates based on SAP technology
- IC substrates using amSAP technology
- Vertical electroless copper process for amSAP and SAP technology
- Excellent coverage and adhesion on ABF GX, GY and GZ series as well as BT-PCF materials
- Favorable internal stress characteristics for outstanding non-blistering performance
- High purity in copper deposit resulting in low resistivity for good via filling performance
- All standard reliability requirements are fulfilled
What inspires us
Why we developed Printoganth® MV TP1
The next generation of IC substrates requires finer L/S than current technologies. In order to achieve this goal, the copper on the surface needs to be minimized in order to reduce the differential etch – which is the limiting factor for L/S resolution. At the same time, a specific minimum thickness of the electroless copper layer is required in the bottom of the BMV (on the capture pad) for the subsequent pattern plating process.
Printoganth® MV TP1 is Atotech’s answer to increasing miniaturization requirements derived from the semiconductor industry that are cascaded down especially to the high-end IC Substrates market. Printoganth® MV TP1 features a superior throwing power performance enabling the reduction of electroless copper deposition thickness while ensuring highest process safety. Furthermore, the dry film adhesion on Printoganth® MV TP1 copper deposits is excellent and the copper layer is etched very fast during the differential etch.