A breakthrough in the pretreatment of plastics
Full Cr6-free process
Meets current regulations
Fulfills industry requirements
Appearance, adhesion, thermocycle tests
Suitable for a large variety of plastics
ABS, ABS/PC, PP and others
- Cr(VI)-free technology
- Meets current chemical regulations
- Meets the current requirements of the industry, such as automotive, sanitary, consumer electronics industries, etc.
- Provides reliable adhesion between the plastic and the metallic surface
- Excellent thermocycling results, fulfilling sanitary and automotive specifications
- Installed in production lines for different market segments, including automotive
- Highly suitable for a wide range of application including automotive, sanitary, white goods, furniture, consumer goods and cosmetics finishes
- Versatile process family, which can be used for ABS, ABS/PC, PP, selective plating, exotic plastics, etc.
for plastics substrates – the future starts today
In April 2013, chromium trioxide was added to REACH’s Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC) list. After the so-called sunset date, September 21, 2017, the use of chromium trioxide requires authorization. Following Atotech’s commitment to eliminate hazardous chemicals and as response to REACH, Atotech is offering alternatives to hexavalent chromium containing processes, which meet the current technical requirements of the industry.
Cr(VI)-free etch – A new milestone in plating on plastics
Having been involved in plating on plastics since the very beginning, Atotech has long been committed to developing a Cr(VI)-free etch. After years of research, testing, internal and external qualifications for different market segments, alternatives to chromosulfuric acid etching for the pretreatment of plastics are ready.
The Covertron® process family utilizes well-known chemistry which meets current chemical regulations. The pre-treatment can be used with Atotech’s adapted conventional and direct plating processes for plastics to meet industry specifications and requirements.
For more information, please contact one of our representatives or use the contact form below.