Providing electrolytes for the highest requirements
in reliability and productivity
Inclusion-free through hole filling with horizontal equipment
The patented Bridge-Plating provides the only solution for inclusion-free through hole filling
One process for all
For inclusion-free filling of mechanical and laser drilled vias
Matched with Atotech's systems
Best chemistry and equipment fit with Atotech’s Uniplate systems
Inpulse® 2THF together with the unique Uniplate® InPulse 2 horizontal reverse pulse plating systems is ideally suited for through hole filling , especially for core material with copper foil of less than 5 µm thickness. In the first step the X-shape will be plated building up two BMVs. Followed by the BMV filling in the second step, this process grants reliable and inclusion-free copper through hole filling while achieving lowest possible surface thickness.
- Low cost through hole filling due to elimination of conventional process steps
- Higher thermal conductivity and also improved dimensional stability of substrates
- Ideally suited for conveyorized application – matched chemistry and equipment with Atotech’s Uniplate system
- Full panel plating for best possible plated copper surface distribution
- Pulse plating at high effective current densities with insoluble anodes
- Inpulse® 2THF enables inclusion free copper filling of through holes
- Low surface plated copper with dimple less than 10 μm
- Capable for mechanical and also laser drilled through holes
- Excellent surface uniformity
- Reliable plugging / filling technology for thin core material
- Economical process savings in: copper metal, solder mask, etching process and processing time
- Meets all reliability standards
Why we developed Inpulse® 2THF
Paste plugging process for through holes requires additional process steps, each of which has its own limitations and contributes to the overall cost. Complete Through Hole filling for cores by a copper electroplating process is needed as an alternative. Inclusion free through hole filling is required to overcome the risk of migration of inclusion by applying current and heat during use of final product. This migration may lead to a delamination/ separation of the interface connection to the next layer.
Inpulse® 2THF is the world’s only inclusion-free plating process for through hole filling enabled by our patented Bridge-Plating technology. It has been proven in mass production for >5 years. The combination of Inpulse® 2THF process together with the Uniplate® InPulse system provides unsurpassed surface distribution in panel plating. In combination with Atotech’s patented Superfilling technology minimum surface plated copper and low dimple filling performance, leading to low cost through hole filling.