Surface treatment technology
PCB and package substrate solutions
- Global market leader in I/L bonding
- Special copper pretreatment solutions
- Advanced adhesion promoters and etchants for package substrates
- Photoresist Stripping optimized for fine line manufacturing
- Bonding enhancement
- Advanced surface preparation
- Photoresist stripping
- PCB and package substrate applications
- Multibond®: This Black Oxide process can be operated over a wide range of temperatures and dwell times to produce a variety of bonding properties, depending on the specific applications.
- BondFilm®: Atotech’s simple and economic oxide alternative process for improved inner layer bonding. With over 400 lines and installations worldwide Atotech leads this market segment globally and contributes to the success of many key PCB manufacturers.
- Secure HFz: A non-etching adhesion promoter that achieves better or comparable performance to existing etch-based enhancement processes that specifically targets IC-Substrates and high frequency applications. Secure HFz ensures enhanced bonding between copper layers and the dielectric materials used in multilayer and chip carrier manufacture. This results in excellent peel strength while also providing resistance against chemical attack.
Advanced Surface Preparation
- EcoFlash®: Innovative one-step process that was developed for differential etching for SAP and MSAP applications with fine line technology.
- CupraEtch® DT: Specially developed for Photoresist preatreatment and offers a specifically suited excellent surface roughness for this application.
- CupraEtch® SR: A very robust process and is suitable for soldermask and photoresist pretreatment. As all CupraEtch processes it has a particularly high copper loading window that allows for minimization of waste water treatment needs and therefore translates directly into cost savings.
- Secure HFz: In addition to enhancement for dielectric bonding, Secure HFz also offers excellent adhesion for soldermask materials for high frequency applications.
- BondFilm® LDD: The reliable BondFilm® series has been expanded into the BondFilm LDD product in order to create a pretreatment and surface that maximizes CO2 laser absorption and ensure improved direct LDD results. This improved laser absorption property yields consistent hole sizes, reduced “Copper Splash” and less undercut than other LDD pretreatments.
- ResistStrip® Series: The extensive range of ResistStrip® Series products ensures that Atotech has the correct solution on offer for every PCB application need. The product range is based on modified hydroxides and amine solutions to guarantee enhanced stripping performance with minimal corrosive attack.
- ResistStrip® IC Series: ResistStrip® IC series is an evolution towards suitability for very fine line production and has been specially formulated to meet the demands of the very demanding IC-Substrate industry. The traditional stripping mechanism has been modified to essentially stop the film swelling that leads to lock in and dry film residues in fine line applications and to perform optimal with advanced manufacturing methods such as SAP.
- PallaStrip® IC: A cyanide free palladium stripper that is suitable for use in removal of palladium containing seed layers. The removal of any seeding layer is critical in fine line applications as they can lead to uncontrolled deposition during subsequent plating operations. PallaStrip offers a simple and easy process solution without the use of any harmful cyanide components.
- TinSolv® & SolderStrip®: Atotech’s range of two-stage and single-stage metal strippers ensure clean and active copper surfaces after metal resist stripping. The formulations of TinSolv® (for tin stripping) and SolderStrip® (for tin / lead removal) enable complete and even stripping, both on the surface as well as in small holes and blind vias.
Integrated production solution for bonding enhancement and surface treatment technologies
The Horizon BondFilm system offers Atotech’s latest technology package in chemical processing, thin material conveyance and fluid delivery.
- Horizon® BondFilm LDD – a unique process to improve CO2 laser absorption of surfaces prior to laser direct drilling applications at maximum reliability
- Horizon® Secure HFz – specially adapted for processing advanced IC substrates with a permanent non-etching adhesion process
- CupraEtch® – a unique multipurpose micro-etch system for best adhesion of primary imaging resists or solder masks in the production of high quality printed circuits
Did you know?
We offer advanced photoresist strippers specialized for the fine line requirements of package substrate manufacturing.
Atotech’s advanced surface pretreatment products allow S/M pretreatment with EDs as low as 0.5 µm.
2015, PDF, 680 KB
Reports about the performance of the newly developed ferric sulfate based EcoFlash process for SAP and aMSAP application with the focus on performance and fine line cpability in comparison with hydrogen peroxide etchants.
2014, PDF, 640 KB
Detailed examinations on impacts of the adhesion promoter to subsequent processes revealing an unaffected performance generating conductors with excellent geometries for inner- and outerlayer application and clear benefits to the industry.